2022 Thompson for Representative District 33A
HELP ME SUPPORT CONSERVATIVE IDEALS IN IDAHO FALLS!
Leadership is often described with words like prestige, power, and position. But that isn’t how I define it. To me, leadership can be described in one word – service. I look forward to serving the people of Idaho Falls, and putting Idaho Falls...First. Leadership is about results, and I pledge to continue to develop legislation that will benefit our community, uphold our timeless values, and preserve our liberties.
What are the issues that I am passionate about?
As someone who has spent a number of years working in education, I genuinely understand the challenges that we face as a state and will continue to confront them responsibly.
- Continue to support local school districts building projects, bonds, and levees.
- Continue to support teachers and others working in our schools.
- Prepare our students for a changing workforce that will require post-secondary education.
- Introduce programs in our schools that address mental health issues in our state (ie: Hope Squad).
Jeff and Chanin want to work closely with law enforcement and local schools to decrease suicide levels in our state.
Revitalizing our Economy
A strong job market is the product of a healthy and vibrant business community. The government must trust in the free market, and minimize the burden of taxation and regulation.
- Support legislation that is business-friendly and encourages free-market policies.
- Create policies that support job growth and the ability to keep Idahoans at work.
- Minimize taxation and intrusive government regulation.
Maintaining the Proper Role of Government
I believe that each facet of government must operate within the sphere of influence for which it was intended.
- The Federal government should provide protection, not direction.
- Execute State government duties as outlined in the State Constitution.
- Govern whenever possible at the community level.
Encouraging Support for the Idaho National Laboratory (INL)
The INL is an incredible asset to our state and the city of Idaho Falls.
- Explore opportunities for funding support for INL and it's contractors.
- Encourage research and development initiatives.
- Leverage Idaho's resources in ways that smartly benefit the INL's projects.
I consider it a great honor and grave responsibility to represent your interests – it’s not something I take lightly. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with your concerns, questions, or ideas.
Idaho Falls . . . First!